Tuesday, December 12, 2017

12/12 Lots of Dolphins and No Launch

12/12 Tuesday  It was another bright and sunny day as we headed south to Cocoa Village. Dolphins were everywhere.  They took turns frolicking in our wake.  I wonder if I will ever get to the point that dolphins do not fill me with awe.  Check out these pictures.







Along this section of the ICW, we saw lots of damage from Hurricane Irma to the docks along the Indian River.  Almost all of them had some damage.  This barge is still picking up sunken sailboats.

The ICW takes a turn through the Haulover Canal.  It is a narrow canal and very scenic.

It would have been a perfect day to view the SpaceX launch but they rescheduled to later in the week.  They call this area, the Space Coast.  This was our view of the Kennedy Space Center.  You can tell that we would have had front row boat if the launch had gone off.

My nails were a mess after working on the alternator yesterday.  After we pulled into Cocoa Village Marina, I called around and found a nail salon within a short walk.  I now have festive nails for Christmas. 
Cocoa Village is all decorated for Christmas.  They have all sorts of cute stores and restaurants.  I did a wine tasting at The Wine Lady and bought two bottles.  At the Ossorio, I bought cinnamon croissants for breakfast. 

Tomorrow, we head to Vero Beach.  My son-in-law Stephen's mom, Andi, lives there.  We will get together for dinner.  It will be so good to see her.



No comments:

Post a Comment